Italian Strawberry shrub tonic drink (the how-tos courtesy of preserve sonoma)

hello fans, oh my happy easter,  I hope you are cooking up fun eastertastic treats. so speaking of easter. I made me and my sisters a nice refreshing shrub made with balsamic vinegar base shrub with strawberries. super easy super fast. the girls molly bolich and liz casco suggested that I puree the pulp and add it to the pitcher for a smoother shrub base I know its suppose to be chunk but the cilents standards so I listen to my family. so I would try that after boiling the bits of strawberries and straining it. that way it will be a nice refreshing drink. so I hope you make this for your next fourth of july or Italian summer fresca party so give it a try today so courtesy of miss merrliee olsen of preserve Sonoma who made it for the san Francisco flower and garden show for the san mateo event center.





the how-to to make a shrub

1 part fruit 1 part sugar 1 part vinger plus herbs, aromatics and spices adjust proportions to taste

cook method (that's what I did)
chop strawberries, add sugar
add water to moisten
add flavorings of choice
boil for 2 minutes
add vinegar then strain into a pitcher with a small fine mesh sieve mash the strawberries a bit. or puree in blender if you want.

Recipe: Italian strawberry

2 lbs chopped and stemmed strawberries
1.5 lbs sugar
1/2 cup water
4 oz 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
8 oz 1 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbl ground black pepper we left ours out, but its optional to use it but I would use 1 1/2 tablespoons

to serve fill to 1.5 shrub to 6-8 oz seltzer water over ice, the seltzer must be super chilled In the fridge the better the drink it is. I might make popsicles with the rest soon! I will show you then so enjoy the recipes and the steps how easy is that

Comments