Okra fritters

hello readers today I made some okra fritters, made with cornmeal and frozen okra but will give you a tip. I prefer fresh orka from the farmer's market because they have a better flavor than frozen already sliced. I only use the frozen because I thought it would taste good but I use fresh okra all the time and fresh is best for these fritters so here is a recipe on how I did the recipe and photos thanks to Jack Tidwell's family so I hope you all enjoy!










Okra Fritters
1 cup okra sliced thin
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic grated
pepper to taste
oil to fry in start with 1/4 cup and add as needed
method
in a large bowl mix all together in order listed except for oil. heat oil in a large skillet until hot to handle. drop by spoonfuls I use a cookie scoop to even the fritters into hot oil and fry 3 minutes per side until golden brown. add more oil to make more batches if needed. drain on paper towels and serve with ranch dressing my family loves it

Comments