7 up bundt cake (this one is for my mother

hey reader's yesterday was easter  and this Thursday my mother is turning 60 years old and I made her the lemony cake she will ever love. its a pound cake made with lemon extract, butter and of course 7 up lemon lime soda pop so I hope you make this cake for someone's birthday soon! not an everyday dish but for a birthday party is great! so I am also going to enter this recipe in the county fair's baked goods open judging contest this year so that's my lucky recipe here so enjoy from me and mom to you all!








 7 up bundt cake

3 sticks butter softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
5 eggs room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbl lemon extract
3/4 cup plus 1 tbl 7 up lemon lime soda

method
preheat oven to 325. grease and flour a bundt pan. here I use a silicone bundt pan my go to pan. only grease a little but no flour needed for silicone verison.
beat butter and sugar until creamed together. add egg one at a time until incorporated slowly add in flour until well combined on low speed. stir in extracts and 7 up soda mix until smooth. bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake is golden and is tested with a toothpick for doneness. let cake cool in pan for 10-15 minutes cool on rack and enjoy!

Comments