Tex Mex Baked Ravioli (enchilada style) without the tortillas

dear readers, today for dinner before I go to work with my special needs partciapants at via west tomorrow I made a spin on enchiladas instead of tortillas frozen cheese ravioli's that's the secret so its easy to prepare for mom's out there and its hearty and delicious if want gluten free ravioli you can easily swap out frozen regular market pantry ravioli to conti's ravioli and for dairy free or vegan you can use soy cheddar and mozzarella mix instead of Colby jack mix I made my own Colby mix using cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses simple about 4 oz each. so I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy!








Tex Mex Baked Raviolis (Enchilada style)
recipe adapted from Woman's world magazine
1 can 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can 10 oz enchilada sauce (green)
1/2 cup fresh, canned or frozen corn*
2 scallions, chopped
1 pkg 19 oz market pantry frozen cheese ravioli cook in a salted boiling water in a pot for 5 minutes then drain with a slotted spoon and use as during your 2nd layer
1/2 cup each cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses to 1 cup total
method
preheat oven to 375 degrees
combine beans, sauce, corn and scallions. spread half of the sauce in bottom of a casserole pan top with ravioli you boiled earlier and top raviolis with remaining sauce mixture. cover with foil bake for 40 minutes remove foil top with cheese bake for 5 minutes. (you can top with cheese when baking for 40 minutes I recommend you grease foil with cooking spray to avoid cheese to stick it works for me!

tip. thaw corn if using frozen, if using canned drain the corn and save some corn in a container for later use. use only 1/2 cup. if fresh cut off the cob with only 1 corn cob and you are set to go!

Comments