Chicken okra minestrone soup (mom and I made it together)

Hi foodies my mom and I wanted to make minestrone soup so I helped her pull out a recipe and she was excited to make this with me. So this was originally my grandma's long time neighbor joan malley but we added meat to this like chicken and okra too. It has all of the technique she gave us such as mashing beans its excellent with crackers or alone. So I hope you get your mom back in the kitchen my mom was ill with COPD but this was our chance to bond like we going out. Lots of love to foodies


Chicken okra minestrone soup 
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed 
1 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp garlic salt 
1 clove of garlic minced 
1/4 tsp pepper 
1 tbl olive oil 
1 small zucchini unpeeled and chopped small 
2 stalks celery chopped 
2 small carrots diced 
3 tbl butter 
1 can 14 oz diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano 
3 cups chicken broth (low sodium) 
1/2 cup water 
1/2 cup small shell pasta
1 cup cooked cubed chicken 
1 cup frozen cut orka
Method 
In a bowl mash half can of beans with potato masher.
In a large pot heat oil over medium heat and add beans , salt, garlic and stir well. Thrn add the zucchini ,carrots and  celery, butter, diced tomatoes and broth. Simmer for 40 minutes on simmer then add water orka and pasta shells simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thick if too thick add water if needed add  chicken and simmer 2 minutes more and serve up in bowls and enjoy from mom and I to you all.


Comments