Easy Apple cake (simply wholesome foods contest) entry #3

Hi foodies this might be my best entry yet but as I sent the sponsor of the contest pierogis and cookies. Now I think this cake will win the panel over because I added Applesauce instead of oil. Much healthier and moist cake. You'll see why. So I'm off to via west campus this weekend and my kitchen will reopen on Tuesday not Monday so happy cooking







Easy Apple cake 

2 eggs 
1/4 cup simply wholesome foods applesauce ( touch of Cinnamon and honey)
1 cup sugar 
1 1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp vanilla 
1 1/2 cups flour 
3 cup chopped and peeled red apples
Juice of 1 lemon.
Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish 
Method 
Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
You'll need two bowls. In first bowl combine first 7 ingredients 
In second bowl mix together apples and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Add Apple mixture to applesauce cake mixture. Place onto greased pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tested in center comes out clean let cool completely and cut into squares and garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon on top mmmm. Yum 

Comments