Baking arts school on sourdough bread and a recipe for my brown sugar onion confit

Hi foodies, this past weekend i had a great opportunity to learn my own sourdough bread the san Francisco staple at the baking arts school with chef Richard in this interactive class. We learned that sourdough starter is water and flour No yeast in the recipe. You'll see why. So i was able to treat mom and dad to some i offerred to cut the bread and my dad starting making horrible remarks on my cutting and its not ok for someone in my family to say that in front of me, but my community has my trust and was still in becoming a star mode its hard my family is learning to adapt and accept my apologies piece by piece. But to pair with the sourdough bread i made from class i paired with a brown sugar  onion confit that will blow your mind. So lots of love and will post the recipe below i misz my readers old and new





Brown sugar onion confit
2 tbl vegetable oil
2 tbl basil lime honey butter (recipe below)
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbl water to deglaze pan

Method
In a skillet over medium low heat. Melt butter and oil once hot add onions and salt and pepper and cook low and slow for 30 minutes until it starts to break down and starts to get a light color. Add brown sugar and cook for 15 minutes more until caramelized deep if too thick add water to loosen confit to help hold together
Serve with a slice of sourdough with mozzarella cheese enjoy

http://www.bakingarts.net/ on 18 E.3rd Avenue in san mateo California if you're ever in town to see food chanp ava ill take you to those baking classes. Although he does have a sticky British baking classes and many of the other baking so stay tuned for more information on that


Comments