Spiced pear galette with small batch Pacifica jams

Hello foodies this past week i made a spiced pear galette using the small batch Pacifica jams, if you love donna the jelly queens known for blood orange lavender marmalade you gotta meet the owner who is also known as pablo lugones aka the jelly king in the heart of Pacifica here's a piece of their history of where they come from

"

It all started with a blackberry jam about four years ago...

As a buyer for a prominent food ingredient distributor, I see a fair amount of product come through my hands with samples galore. About three years ago, while evaluating a frozen fruit supplier, I asked for a sample of their frozen blackberries expecting to get a pound or so shipped to my attention. What showed up at my doorstep was a 50 lb box with more than I knew what to do with or store for an extended period of time. Without wanting the fruit to go to waste, I quickly jumped on the internet to find ideas. I settled on a jam recipe and went to work making my first batch. Three years and many batch/flavor combinations passed along to a trusted panel of taste testers made up of family, friends and friends of friends later, I'm proud to bring you the Small Batch Jam Co.

Being in the food industry, I am no stranger to food safety regulations. Although the CA Cottage Food Permit would have been a safe place to start, I wanted to reach a broader customer base than what this permit allowed. The Small Batch Jam Co. is an FDA registered sole

proprietorship in the city of Pacifica, CA operating out of a licensed and permitted commercial kitchen certified by the San Mateo County Health System and audited by food inspectors at regular intervals. In order to operate in the commercial kitchen, I hold my Food Safety Managers Certificate along with a food liability insurance plan that I hope to never need. Your safety is my utmost concern.


"Our promise to you is that our small batches of all natural, hand-made fruit preserves are made with the highest quality ingredients sourced from fresh fruit stands, farmers markets and hardworking growers while using the same home-style cooking and canning techniques that your grandma used. But don't worry, we won't tell her you like ours better... Enjoy!!"


So that's the beauty of small businesses and you gotta support local foodies so im going to share one of my recipes using his products today 





Spiced pear galette  

1 large pear peeled and core
1 tbl sugar
1/2 cup small batch Pacifica jams spiced pear butter
1 tsp water
1/2 package of pie crust( cut into 4 circles)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Roll out pie dough and cut into 4 mini circles using a rim of the ramekin. Prick with the fork.
Slice peeled and cored pear into 1/8 inch thick slices
Spread a thin layer of spiced pear butter over the surface of pastry, avoiding the border. Arrange slightly overlapping pear slices on top. Fold edges, it doesn't have to be perfect it can be overlap. Sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp and pears are cooked and gooey Browned slightly on the edges.
Allow tart to cool completely. Meanwhile combine reserve spiced pear butter and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 35 seconds or until melted
Paint the tart including the pastry with the warm spiced pear butter


Comments