Cheesy risi e bisi (creamy risotto rice and peas)

Hi foodies Its been a while since I wrote a blog I been busy with taste of America cook off the past month, I got a golden ticket for Dallas on April 15th but the bad news I'm not going until 2020 because the Hilton hotels are skyrocketing high like my best friend and fellow food blogger rebecka Evans at home with rebecka said. 2020 will be the year of a comeback in Dallas Texas and will keep cooking lots of new tasty dishes for my followers any recipes I do for world food or major sponsors must be not posted on my blog, local sponsors for san mateo county fair are ok to post, my favorite TV chef or fellow blogger pal recipe is ok to share. But I just need to be sure ok. So got a new dish from my idol Rachael ray who brought back 30 minute meals and has a memoir coming October this year. So it's one of her older recipes and Its so good

So I hand you her dish from cooking around the clock I collect like all 22 of her books so much love







Tips:  I use a mise en pase that means set everything in place you'll often learn that from chefs who are pro trained it makes cooking easier and efficient
Also I do this in stages just like risotto 1/2 cup chicken broth and it should take 22 minutes to plump up.
You can add butter avocado oil Is a healthy sub for butter and I used to saute onions and garlic so good.

So now the recipe

Cheesy risi e bisi (creamy risotto and peas)

Recipe courtesy of Rachael ray cooking around the clock 2004 lake isles press

2 tbl avocado oil
1 small onion chopped
1 cup arborio rice
1 clove garlic grated
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 to 4 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano or parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen peas thawed

Method
Heat a medium pot over medium high heat. Add avocado oil then onion season with salt and pepper and saute stirring constantly 3 minutes. Add rice and grate in garlic cook for a another minute or two. Then add wine and cool until wine is completely absorbed 30 seconds. Add about 1 cup chicken broth
And stir. Reduce heat to medium and cook until broth is absorbed stirring often adding 1/2 cup broth each time liquid becomes completely absorbed. Stirring all the while. Use as much broth as is necessary to result in creamy slightly chewy rice. It should take about 22 minutes add peas in the last 3 minutes of stirring and off heat add in the parmesan cheese and divide into bowls and enjoy

Comments