Short cut chicken pollo with pineapple salsa

Happy new year to my readers. 2020 has been a bad year for all of us. But 2021 is going to be a good year for healing since 2018 i haven't blogged as much because of wfc competiton. What made me decide to write my blog again is for the community to continue my journey where it left off and where we are now. So I was thinking about my great grandma delphina from the grave and man I wish I could learn more from her but kinda regret it. Same with grandma lou my moms mom. But learned my love for cooking from my mom my aunt and from a community of a Melting pot. Plus local chefs at recreation centers and Emeril on tv and Rachael Ray on tv. So I still continue to learn the latest trends of food right now people want vegan food and promise will bring more of that for my audience using my friends at miyokos and impossible foods. Other than that I want to share my shortcut version for chicken pollo using my uncles salsa co Blaine mountain salsa works https://blainemountainsalsa.com/  so I hope you enjoy this recipe from my kitchen to yours 



Chicken pollo (chicken in salsa) 

1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs. cubed 

1/2 onion chopped 

2 tsp olive oil 

1 tsp Fiesta spices pico de Limon seasoning 

1 jar blaine mountain mango habanero red salsa 

1 1/2- 2 cups water 

Method 

In a large heavy pot heat oil over medium heat once hot add onion and cook until translucent then add the cubed chicken stir to coat season with Fiesta spices pico de Limon and pour salsa into the pot and water stir and bring it to a boil then let it simmer for 1 hour until it pulls apart. Then transfer to a bowl and shred and serve with tortillas and pineapple salsa 

Pineapple salsa 

1 cup diced pineapple 

1 onion chopped 

Juice of 2 limes 

1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped finely 

Salt and pepper 

Method 

In a bowl mix all ingredients together in a bowl serve with chicken pollo tacos 


Comments