I am a proud finalist for the 7 mile house adobo cook off 2018 (plus recipe)

Hi foodies as you may know I am one of the finalists for the 2nd annual abobo cook off at 7 mile house in Brisbane it took 5 real Filipino judges to evaluate the adobo and they carefully decided to go with my recipe.
 This recipe comes from my friend Sandy Tidwell son in law jay  he may look white but he is 50% Filipino she told me the original recipe used 1 gallonof distilled white vinegar but use half of cup per batch this batch made 10 sample sized servings or 5 helping.  Also it called to break a cinnamon stick and leave peppercorns whole but as a finalist that never made Adobo before I need to grind the bay leaves a bit finer Same with peppercorns they need to break down and let cinnamon sticks left alone to infused the Adobo making sure to discard it after cooking so here's my chicken thigh Adobo I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you are in town come on by to 7 mile house on July 14th I would love to see you

Chicken thigh Adobo
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tbl brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
10 bay leaves broken Into pieces and grind to a coffee grinder
1/8 cup peppercorns grinded to a spice grinder
2 cinnamon sticks left whole
Method
In a pot add cubed chicken thigh and vinegar together. Add the rest of the ingredients bring it to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 45 minutes or until cooked through and saucy (reduced) discard cinnamon sticks and
Serve with rice

Comments