Yogurt banana bread (adapted from cooking light)

Happy Monday foodies it's this time of the year from a thanksgiving feast to holiday baking season no better way to celebrate than making yogurt banana bread and tonight I'm visiting my dad's cousin on my dad's side of the family  my second cousin from new Mexico but I'm going to call her long distance auntie because she's from New Mexico area near Santa fe area and I haven't seen her in 12 years only met her once when my grandfather was around. So it's going to a great family visit and my grandmother viola did arrange this without telling me or Laura ahead of time but its ok I'm cool with it. So I hand you the recipe and have a great day









Yogurt banana bread

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 2 cups)
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
  • 1/3 cup plain whole-milk yogurt (not Greek-style)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Cooking spray
    • Step 1
      Preheat oven to 350°F.
      Step 2
      Combine first 4 ingredients. Combine brown sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat at medium speed 1 minute. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat to combine. Reduce speed to medium-low; add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
    • Step 3
      Divide batter among 6 (5- x 3-inch) mini loaf pans or 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove bread to wire rack; cool completely.

Comments