Sundried Tomato White Cheddar Shortbread Cookies (a entry for the san mateo county fair)

hey fans, I made some shortbreads for my collegues at via west tomorrow. so I decided to jazz up my family's shortbread cookie recipe. this recipe was from my brother's 6th grade econ class and it was originally a homework assignment but mom liked the recipe so we been making it over the years. so I decided to pimp up my cookies by adding a cup of white cheddar and 3 tablespoons of chopped sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil in a dried form like you get the cranberries in, I got mine @ grocery outlet. but for New Yorkers in the east coast out there,  Kroger might sell it in your area so just heads up if you don't have a grocery outlet there. so I am going to enter this recipe for 2015 san mateo county fair's king Arthur flour creative shortbread contest so this is my test recipe and so far it tested out soooo good, I think the judges will love the cheesy flavor so will use king Arthur all purpose flour in june so enjoy the recipe for now!








Sundried Tomato white cheddar Shortbread cookies
from my family with a twist to yours

1 pound plus 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
5 cups all purpose flour such as king Arthur
3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes not packed in oil
1 cup grated white cheddar cheese, from the block

method
preheat oven @ 375 degrees. line cookie sheet with parchment paper set aside. in a bowl mix together the softened butter, sugar, flour, sundried tomatoes and cheddar and mix until it forms into cookie dough by hand. roll out into a rectangle and cut into 1/2 inch thick triangles, prick holes in triangles. bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and let cool on cooling rack before eating! enjoy!

Comments