Lime Vanilla Frozen Greek Yogurt pie

hey fans and readers, yesterday I made a lime vanilla frozen Greek yogurt pie, I use zest of 3 limes instead of 2 oranges, only change, but you can use the oranges. and the juice of the limes. so this recipe came into the current june 2014 issue of food network magazine, this recipe is a must try my mother loves the creaminess of the pie and my dad will get to try it tonight since we honor our vet's so make this for fourth of july too! I highly recommend making this recipe, so enjoy!




 this is the sweetend condensed milk I got at grocery outlet, but you can use eagle brand if you don't have a grocery outlet, they sell eagle brand at Safeway, Luckys Pak n save or Kroger so its easy to find anywhere

 I use for every 1/2 of greek yogurt I got Yoplait  Greek 100 calorie cups, I use 3 of them to make 1 1 1 1/2 cups measurement it does add 300 calories, but the serving size is 8 so its okay to have a little slice for 200 calories


that's the finished pie and here is the recipe courtesy of the food network magazine!

Frozen Orange vanilla pie (used lime in place of oranges)

Grate the zest of 2 oranges; set aside. Juice the oranges and whisk with 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt, one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the orange zest. Pour the plain filling into a 9-inch graham cracker crust. Spoon the zest mixture over the top, then swirl with the back of the spoon. Cover and freeze until set, about 4 hours.

Comments