Sugar plum pie (from my homegrown plum tree) plus a historical story of my home of 30 years

Hey foodies, today I had an honor to check out orange park for mornings on two zip trip south san Francisco edition, for a sneak preview before the news media did their coverage, I had to leave early  because I had to get groceries done for recipe testing. But they covered from history of sees candies to biotech to Armstrong brewing co. And what they did not cover on mornings on two is we grow plums and lemons right here in south san Francisco and my family has the best plum tree in the world. It maybe tart it requires sugar and it makes a huge difference. So heres the link of today's coverage and my hometown recipe for you to recreate at home

http://www.ktvu.com/news/south-san-francisco-birthplace-of-biotech-and-sees-candy-




Sugar plum pie

2 cups plums
1 1/2 cups sugar divided
3/4 cup butter melted and cooled
2 eggs beaten
1 cup flour

Method
Lightly spray a pie dish. Toss plums and 1/2 cup sugar together and pour into the pie dish
In an another bowl add flour sugar make a well in center and add in the beaten eggs and stir to combine. Slowly add in melted butter and mix until incorporated into pancake batter. Pour batter over fruit. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees. Its great with ice cream

Comments