Lemon chicken thighs

Hi foodies, its food blogger and contest cook Ava marie Romero here. 
I hope you are  having a great day in the neighborhood. so today it's my dads birthday week and just last Thursday February 28th 2019 I made a oven baked lemon chicken thighs that any beginner home cook can master. This recipe is from my friend cindy Alger who gave me this recipe using chicken breasts but broke the rules and swapped for thighs and my goodness I loved the taste of the lemon when we tested this do not add slices during the baking I would do the last half hour it will crisp the skin nicely and season with lemon pepper adds a pop to your meals. It’s a quick fix meal from start to finish. So I hope you make this soon for your family. if you have any culinary questions or need help in the kitchen please do not be afraid to ask. i'm always here for you 24/7 at your serivce. just been busy with testing recipes for taste of america for world food championships 2019 and san mateo county fair culinary artd department. so heres how i make my lemon chicken.
cut 1 lemon in half lenghwise and 1 sliced thinly

Then layer mushrooms and onions on bottom of pan with melted butter.
Then layer mushrooms and onions on bottom of pan with melted butte. then lay chicken on top of mushrooms and onions



. bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until crispy add lemon slices at last 20 minutes of baking


 
then there is the complete dish family style. all ready to go.   

Then its time to get in the kitchen, if I could do it you can too. Takes all the effort into easy cooking.
 
Lemon chicken thighs 
4 chicken thighs washed, patted dry and seasoned both sides with salt, pepper,  garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper
2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 halved
1 onion sliced thinly 
4-5 mushrooms sliced 
1 stick melted butter 
Method 
Use a 9x13 glass baking dish place a layer of sliced onion and mushrooms with melted butter on bottom of the pan. Then place seasoned thighs on top of the onions and mushrooms.   squeeze lemon juice over the top. Bake at 375 for 50 minutes at last 25 minutes top chicken with lemon slices. Serve with rice and greens.

Comments