My week at sweetwater spectrum teaching a demo and via west campus co teaching a salsa class (2 recipes from each)

Hi all, this week I was fortunate enough to teach a cooking demo at sweetwater spectrum for my bestie Becky and her entire neighborhood they said I was the fun instructor, they would want me back and this weekend I've decided to take a break from being a via west counselor after 12 years working directly with participants. I decided to move to a new role as program this is not permanent yet, my management team has a lot to sort out they might make me go back to counseling who knows,  Can't reveal any spoilers just yet  but I do have 2 recipes for you one is thanks to chef Jennifer bui who works on the kitchen team and Luke one of the program staffers was a joy to work with and to co host classes with. In world food championship world it's ok to have a co host we talked about sanitation with the kids, and kids learned a lot. We did trivia with the session theme and laughed a lot. So I hope you enjoy both of dishes from sweetwater spectrum and via west campus














Tomato basil yogurt ricotta 1 tub silk soy yogurt (can be found at sprouts) 1 tomato seeded and diced 1 tsp dried basil 2 cloves garlic grated 2 tbl Agave nectar Method In a bowl with a small colander set over the medium bowl layer colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth and dump the yogurt into the cheesecloth layers. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 days then strain and discard the whey. Dump into a large clean container and add next 4 ingredients and mix to combine season with salt and pepper served with grilled zucchini

Bonus recipe: via west salsa recipe

Recipe courtesy of chef Jennifer bui, kitchen manager of via west campus

2 Roma tomatoes
1/4 white onion
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
Juice of one lime
Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp cumin

Method in a bowl dice tomatoes, onions, and bell pepper.
Chop up some cilantro and add to the bowl
Cut a line In half and squeeze into the bowl add Salt, pepper and cumin to taste

Comments