Bran muffins (for San Mateo county fair king Arthur flour baking contest)

Hi bakers this week I made a healthy sweet yet molasses like muffins and using king Arthur whole wheat flour will change the game. I had my mom and neighbours dad taste it and the results were that was so good so it made my mom go to the bathroom the next day and she feels regular. It's good in fiber and protein I find not much sugar was added so it's diabetic friendly. So I will for sure win 1st place or 2nd place in the contest and be happy







 

Bran muffins 
1/2 raisins 
1 cup king Arthur whole wheat flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp baking powder 
1 egg 
1 1/2 cup wheat bran 
2 tbl olive oil 
1/2 cup molasses 
3/4 cup milk 
Method 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection bake 
Place raisins in water to cover and bring it to a boil. Turn off heat.  Let soak and then drain. 
 Let it sit in bowl to drain fora few minutes
In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix wet ingredients then gently combine all the ingredients together. 
Pour into the 12 cup lined muffin pan and bake for 11-12 minutes or until tested in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before snacking 

Comments