How me and Rebecka Evans became great pals and ( recipe for White bean and lima bean soup with bacon)

Hi foodies you haven't heard about rebecka Evans, a fellow foodie and blogger at at home with rebecka and I'm about to tell you how we met 3 years ago or so at the San Francisco flower and garden show culinary stage in San Mateo county event center i watched Becka put on a demo on how to preserve her rose petal jelly and that was so good so I simply followed her page at at home with rebecka Facebook page and she followed me right back but she wanted a friend wasn't sure it would work out and yep we became friends in 25 year age difference that ok because I told her about my love for San Mateo county fair culinary arts contest and chili cook off and she even said "well you might like this my friend Kim banick from Oregon first invited me to world food championship some time ago" And if I could do it you cab too Becka stated and  I started entering one contest to contest for the long time trying to wow the wfc ambassadors with my art and love for cooking later they granted me a golden ticket for #challengebutter and was stoked and my parents didn't believe me at first but it shows if you work hard as a person like myself with autism anyone can!! I will be the first cook off contest born on the spectrum to compete at world food championship 2018 and i feel honor thanks to Becka for being supportive and mentoring along the way what is it like on wfc and I've recently did a demo at her daughters Shannon high school in Danville California and she served as my sous chef couldn't be thankful. So If you know Becka Evans she currently lives in Pearland Texas and I one day will have a summer there with Sandy Tidwells and sandys in laws like Donny Wayne and Carolyn so it will be sometime we both look forward to 2018 and I can't wait to make friends with a lot of cooking contest peeps like her for this year to come thank you




 

White bean and lima bean soup with bacon

Yes, Lima beans come in a can a work great for this easy recipe!
RECIPE:  1 - 16 can lima Beans, 1 - 16 ounce can northern white beans, 1/4 pound bacon, 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion, 1 bay leaf, 1 cup chicken stock.
DIRECTIONS: Cut Bacon into 1 inch slices. In a medium stock pot, Cook bacon till crisp. Using a slotted spoon remove bacon to a small plate. Discard Bacon fat leaving 1 tablespoon in pan to cook onion. Dice onion and cook in bacon fat till translucent. Return bacon to stock pot. Add lima and white beans with juices, add chicken stock,  and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with black pepper and serve with saltine crackers!

Comments