Pasta with spinach pepita pesto (from Rachael Ray magazine)

Hi foodies today I am under the weather and needed garlic to help me heal.  I'm in bed watching the great American baking show with ayesha curry (host) and Paul Hollywood (judge) and this recipe made made feel better and I cooked it myself and snuggled up in bed to recover. I did take Dayquil and nightquil cough syrup but ginger and garlic like dr oz says are healing boosters and dolloped it with ricotta cheese. But there is a spoiler alert from Jimmy Fallon that someone poured hot wing sauce on his pretty face and I guess its part of a sketch but I think his writing team went too far. Which isn't safe at all  It's on at 1130pm if you aren't a fan too bad for you. I missed three episodes because i was coughing and sleeping to get well  here's the recipe and much love to you.









Pasta with spinach pepita pesto

Ingredients

  • 12 oz. whole-grain fusilli
  • 3 oz. baby spinach (about 4 cups)
  • 1/3 cup pepitas, toasted
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 small jalapeño, seeded and quartered
  • 1/2 cup EVOO, plus more for drizzling
  • 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano or Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup ricotta

Preparation

Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. In food processor, puree next 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup EVOO. Pulse in Grana Padano; season pesto. In pot, toss pesto, pasta, and 1/2 cup cooking water (or more to taste). Top with seasoned ricotta; drizzle with EVOO.

Comments