baked avocados in panko crumbs (from my co workers at ssfusd nutrition services)

Hi foodies, I am the best day jobs as a substitute school cafeteria worker and a camp counselor but at my job at ssfusd nutrition services cafeteria they post this baked avocado recipe from the co workers and my.boss add in the monthly newsletter parents of school kids love it so I decided to make it for mom last week and these are way Healthier than chicken nuggets trust me!! So best served with ranch dip and get your kids to make it with you much love from chef ava marie








Baked avocados in panko crumbs

2 avocados pitted and sliced
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
1 tsp each chili powder and garlic powder
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Method
Preheat oven to 425 degrees spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or use foil
Mix salt, pepper.garlic powder chili powder with the Panko set aside
Slice the avocado into even slices (chef ava marie tip I add a ssqueeze of lime juice over the avocados so they stay the same color) put the slices.into flour then egg.wash then.panko unused flour and panko can be discarded
Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown flipping halfway through
Serve with dressing of choice

Comments