fruit cocktail cake (testing for the san Mateo county fair kid/adult contest)

Hi foodies this past weekend I baked my fruit cocktail cake and shared with my colleagues who work at via west with me as fellow special needs camp counselors. A place to give to the special needs like myself which is why I became a blogger. They tasted it and one said "it was sooo good" another said "I would put ice cream on top of this" what a great idea so I think I may have a chance at winning with help from nephew gavin this year so here's the recipe so get baking







Fruit cocktail cake
Recipe courtesy of all recipes

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1(16'oz) can fruit cocktail
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Method
Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 9+9 inch square baking pan.
Combine flour, sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and undrained fruit cocktail. Mix until blended then pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with Brown sugar bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Serve with ice cream

Comments