peanut butter snack mix (family recipe)

Hi fans of recipes from an autistic chef, once again I have a family recipe from my aunt Carol on my mom's side of the family.  It is a very sweet but addictive snack I made these for the police officers I made this with a Pinterest inspired popcorn hack and itI worked out very well. So much better for you. I'd be making that way for a while at anytime. So will give you some popcorn flavor ideas soon ok here's the popcorn hack idea start with 1/3 cup and microwave 3 minutes on high just watch it do not let it burn. So made for the nice group of police men and women of a south San Francisco have a jolly holiday








Peanut butter snack mix

1 box corn or rice chex cereal
2 packages popcorn (I use a Pinterest hack use 1/3 cup kernels and 1 tsp oil to bowl mix add a few dashes of salt mix again then spoon into a brown paper bag fold once then 2 more folds place steam side down cook on high 3 minutes until it pops when it starts to slow down stop the microwave and put into a bowl but carefully remove kernels
Mix together in large mixing bowl (you might need 2) and set aside
In a saucepan stir together
2cups karo.syrup
2 cups sugar
Boil 1 minuteI. Remove from burner
Add 2 cups peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
Pour this mix over the cereal/ popcorn  & gently stir
Spread onto large cookie sheet and cool.
I great for office people and a worker gift Merry Christmas

Comments