sock it to me tacos (80s school cafeteria classic)

Hi foodies, remember back in the 80s and early 1990s when school cafeterias served real food like this. This south city alununI posted this sock it to me tacos she learned from a cafeteria staff. Today due to Michelle ObamasAva nutrition standards. She wants kids to eat real food like the 80s and early 1990s. When I was at echs they had kfc or pizza. But took them away, added walking taco or frozen items like pizza orAva chicken strips. I am a sub School cafeteria worker helping out all middle Schools and high school cafeteria enjoy the cafeteria experience. I offer to my new bosses fran, mara or ana some changes to the cafeteria menu by serving real homemade main dish food for lunch but keeping dairy and fruit and vegetables as is. No frozen food should be allowed.  I believe in miss Obama in the kids lunches.. It's actually up to them. I did also offered the district if I would be teaching healthy cooking classes for School kids no word or permission has given. It's so sad for my hometown of the city I love. So here's a 80s throwback dish you can master at home







Sock it to me tacos

1lb ground beef
3 cups cooked rice 85/15
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 boxes taco shells

Method
Break up ground beef into a nice hot pan and add taco seasoning cook thoroughly. Do not drain excess fat add cooked rice and mixed well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
When filling is cooled enough to handle easily mix in 1 cup cheddar cheese fill taco sshells and line then up in a sheetpan top with additional cheddar cheese on topAva bake for 20 minutes check in 15 minutrs

Comments