Entry 2: Duck bacon wrapped pigskin pierogis (for strut your duck contest)

hi fans, I did the sloppy joe and I am onto entry 2 and this is the last one to secure me to a cook off right here on the bay. it's a 4 ingredient recipe that is sure to impress I originally posted this last year but decided to make them again with duck bacon. so cross my fingers for this one!!!




 
duck bacon Pigskin Pierogis
From Woman's World Magazine

1 box frozen potato and cheddar pierogis (mrs.t's)
1 package of maple leaf farms duck bacon, one end trimmed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup smucker's strawberry jalapeno jam (fruit and honey kind)

method
bring a large pot of water to a boil season heavily with salt,. boil frozen pierogis 3-5 minutes (do not make according to package it will cook in the oven later) wrap the half slice of duck bacon around each pierogi and arrange on baking sheet. I use a foil to cover the baking sheet for easy clean up. and spoon with a tablespoonful of jam then a sprinkle with brown sugar on top before placing in the oven. bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until bacon is golden brown. oven times vary. mine took 28 minutes to cook but adjust if needed base on your oven. turning once. drain on paper towels and its great to take to parties and other cook-outs. my family members love it!!!!!

Comments