cherry preserves (it will be featured at the san Mateo county fair this summer)

Hi fans i been jamming and canning during memorial day weekend so i made pepper jelly from paula deen but it's on her website already but the pepper jelly came out what I wanted but when I tasted. It tasted likr candy but will time it better will get feedback from the judges it's go big or do another recipe in 2017. But we us cooks and chefs make mistakes i had recent family issues with one of  my brother casey he often gets onto my nerves but i never let cooking get to me but things are slowly getting better with him i just want to make my sister molly happy and the other 3 brothers i have in my life and of course the little ones but i have one more jelly entry tomorrow to cook then off to a cooking demo at the local library. So here's my cherry preserves recipe and let me get 1st place for this




Cherry preserves
2 lbs each pitted cherries and sugar
juice and zest of 1 lemon  (used Meyer lemons from a my library locals tree)
Method
Combine sugar and cherries along with lemon juice and zest to an non reactive pot bring to a low boil then rdeuce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened place into sterilized mason jars they should be hot place sealed jars back in Waterbath and boil for 15 minutes then lift Jars to a rack if it pops up it should be sealed if not use within 3 months in the fridge or use your ball manual for guidelines as well.

Comments