Cherry Granola Pie (As Part Of the Golden Girl Granola blogger Challenge)

hi fans, as you may know I am part of the golden girl granola challenge, I made a cherry granola pie just for my fans. made with farm fresh cherries and I use coconut sugar. but you can use brown sugar if you like. so please help me win as I take the granola blogger challenge wish me luck! \






Cherry granola pie (made with fresh cherries)
1 1/3 cups coconut sugar* or brown sugar
3 tbl all purpose flour
1 tbl cornstarch
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 lbs fresh cherries pitted and halves
1 deep dish pie shell, premade
for the granola topping
1 cup golden girl cranberry, coconut and almond granola
4 tbl melted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
method
preheat oven to 425 degrees.
in a bowl combine cherries, sugar, flour cornstarch, and salt. adding the extracts. have pie shell ready. pour cherry pie filling onto pie shell. in a small bowl mix granola melted butter and cinnamon together and then crumble onto top of cherry filling. bake for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 10 more minutes or until golden and crisp and bubbly. let it cool then cut and serve with ice cream

*coconut sugar can be found at whole food stores otherwise use brown sugar

Comments