Top 5 Food Festivals You Must Go in the Bay Area (Penisula Edition)

hey foodies, as you know how much I love cooking, fairs are coming to an end, festivals are popping up from now until October and I wanted to tell you my top festivals you must Attend this year. from South san Francisco's Saint veronica's parish Festival to Burlingame On the avenue to San mateo bacon and Brew fest 2015. so heres what's in store.

1. San mateo 3rd Annual Bacon Brew Festival Saturday October 10th

so this bacon fest its all about bacon. and it happens to be chef Michael symon's favorite treat to cook with. and its also a beer festival as well. so I hope you attend to this one. they have bacon burgers, bacon anything really. plus there are food trucks, vendors, and I heard there will be some fun there at central park in downtown san mateo area. so go to http://www.sanmateochamber.org/bbf/ for ticket info tickets are limited so get them soon!

2. Millbrae Arts and Wine Fest 2015 September 5-6th 10-5pm

 

at this art and wine fest. they got the best artists and artisans in town. they also have a car show for the whole family. so I recommend getting specialty gourmet goods and they have lunch options as well and brews too!. plus they have rides for the kids. this is an event you don't want to miss!

3.  Burlingame on the Avenue August 15th-16th 10-6pm

at this festival. I just got a job as a cooking instructor for Burlingame rec. so that weekend. I am still attending the south san Francisco food, health and fitness fair but I am also going to Burlingame on the avenue as well to enjoy they have handcrafted items, artisan food, food gifts, home, garden and travel and kids playground and beverage. its just a fun streetfest you don't wanna miss.

4. Half moon bay pumpkin festival October 17th-18th 9-5pm

each year my brother likes to go to the pumpkin festival and I always wanted to go. but this time. I add that to my bucket list. so there are a lot to do at the half moon bay art and pumpkin festival. there are pie eating contests, handcrafts gifts, homestyle food and drinks and beer. they also have a haunted barn and a costume contest. this is a festival you don't wanna miss.

5. Saint Veronica's Parish Festival SSF September 25th, 26th and 27th Friday to sunday

in the hometown of south san Francisco saint veronica has the best festival in the bay area, they have food, fun, games, festival actitivies and kids stuff and beverages a lot lot more. go to http://www.stveronicassf.com/ for more info

so that's all I got to cover so I hope you have fun, eat good and be happy. from chef Ava

Comments