Swiss Steak (from a old classmate of mine)

hi readers last night I made a swiss steak recipe, over noodles for my mom and dad last night, it was delish and this recipe is from my former class mate Emily burns she is a class of 05 gradurate and took art classes with me at ECHS. so me and her friend Meghan's mom the late mary, got it published into the local cookbook in south san Francisco. they still have extra copies for sale for 5.00 at the parks and recreation office. they were donated to the recreation department. so you can use egg noodles, but tried out to use rotini a wiggly pasta shaped and it work well. I got some leftover pasta and I cannot wait to make a Asian pasta salad with an Italian twist in my next post. so enjoy this recipe.









swiss steak

4 cube steaks, pounded thin and good with a mallet
1/2-3/4 cup flour
salt and pepper
1 can Campbell's French onion soup
1/2 cup sour cream
oil to sear the steaks 3 tbls, three times around the pan

method
combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate. dredge pounded thin cube steaks in flour mixture. place oil in a frying pan to medium high heat. brown steak on both sides when browned take steaks out and add French onion soup.  add the steaks back into the pan. simmer for 20 minutes. stir in sour cream at the last 5 minutes. heat through. and serve over noodles.

*I know meat can be tough, but I use a meat mallet to get it pounded thin and good. my rule of thumb is don't over cook it will be tough just pound and use your muscle like I did it gives a good bicep workout. the original recipe called for hour but I decided to cut the time by 40% how much of a difference is that. so you'll have this meal in no time. so enjoy this supper

Comments