Turkey Mole Taco Filling

hey fans, happy Monday its june 1st, I been ill for the past 3 days, been a little better now, I made me and my mom turkey mole taco filling using ground turkey, spices, canned green chilies and cocoa powder, its a bit on the spicy side but sooo good!!!! trust me!!!! I found this recipe on a curbside food truck cooking magazine I found @ my local target in colma area. so I topped my taco with a crumbled queso fresco and mmmm you got tacos you would get off the street, so make them @ home today with friends, super fresh, fast and healthy all at the same time, so get cooking!










turkey mole Taco filling

2 tbl olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, grated
1 lb ground turkey
1 4 oz can diced green chilies
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper to taste
corn tortillas, warmed
queso fresco to top tacos with

method
in a large skillet over medium high heat heat oil add the shallots/ sauté for 2 minutes then add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds until fragrant. then add the turkey breaking up into pieces with a spatula  until browned 6 minutes. add the chilies, tomato paste stir until combined, then add the remaining spices cook until well combined for another 2 minutes. remove from heat serve in warm toasted corn tortillas, topped with queso fresco and assorted toppings and enjoy!

Comments