Tuna Sweet Chili Mac Salad (took honorable mention at the 2015 san mateo county fair) and proud of it!

hey fans, in addition to my 3rd place in the quiche contest I also took honorable mention at the 2015 san mateo county fair, sometimes you just cant win them all. but the key ingredient is fun. but next year I will season more with my savory recipes for the judges, i'll be getting the comment cards from the judges in the mail to my south san Francisco home in about 2 weeks from now so looking forward to see what they told me what they like about my dish and what needs to be worked on. I learn every day no matter what. its a life lesson indeed. so I am proud to share my winning tuna sweet chili macaroni salad aka the mac salad, so get cooking!







Tuna Sweet Chili Mac Salad
1 package 16 oz elbow macaroni
1 carrot, grated
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 can chopped or sliced black olives
1/2 bottle hidden valley sweet chili ranch dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

method
bring a large pot to a boil, season heavy with salt and cook macaroni according to package directions. drain and let cool under cold water. due to drought it cali I run off and on to conserve water. I don't let it run, so waste not want not. and add to the bowl with the chopped veggies and tuna and olives. add in the sweet chili ranch dressing and the mayo and mix to combine well together season well with salt and pepper and taste, season and enjoy!

Comments