Roasted Eggplant Spread (from Rachael ray)

hey fans, today I made for my co-workers for Saturday's after the shift from my respite camp is roasted eggplant spread, I like to call it hummus, made with tahini and roasted eggplant. I got it from Rachael Ray's my year in meals cookbook and its a super good cookbook. I been collecting her cookbooks and been a huge fan of her since I began cooking in 2003 age 13 years old baby! yep that's right 13 years of age. at almost 26 I am now a rising star culinary instructor as well thanks to locals in south san Francisco and facebook for believing in me when it comes to autism I don't let it define me as a chef. I am a chef like Rachael ray and others today. it's in my blood. so here's the recipe and get cooking!







Roasted Eggplant spread
from Rachael ray

1 1/2 lbs small eggplant (firm), halved and ends trimmed
2 tbl evoo plus 3 tablespoons
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, grated
3 tablespoons tahini paste
juice of 1 lime or lemon (I used a lime)
pita chip or bell pepper sticks for serving

method
preheat broiler to high
brush the cut sides with evoo and salt and pepper and drizzle over skin side. place cut side down on a nonstick baking sheet and broil for 15 minutes until skin is charred and the flesh is very tender. let cool for 5 minutes.  scoop the eggplant flesh off the skin  into a blender  or vitamix and add the grated garlic, salt, pepper, tahini and lime juice and blend away until smooth adding 3 tablespoons oil until creamy. taste. correct and serve with pita chips

Comments