Zucchini Salsa Verde (from the chef's of cookin' the market)

hey fans today its cinco de mayo, if you love chips and salsa, don't just buy a jar of red salsa, make your own, I made a salsa made with zucchini and tomatillo based, adding garlic to my liking and lime. I didn't add cilantro I am afraid people may not like the taste of cilantro so I left that out in this recipe. its creamy, its delicious. you must taste before you serve this. so make this using for your farmer's market zucchini ok. so get cooking!











Zucchini Salsa Verde
Adapted From cookin' the market chefs Mario hernandez

2-3 zucchini, sliced and ends trimmed
1 sweet onion, quarted
8 tomatillos, small to large, halved
1 jalapenos, seeded and halved
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic grated
2-3 limes 2 juiced 1 zested

method
preheat oven to 400 degrees toss zucchini to jalapenos with Extra virgin olive oil, salt and peppr and place on a roasting pan. line with foil bake for 35 minutes or until charred and soft. let cool before blending into a blender. to the blender. add the roasted veggies, then the grated garlic, then the zest of 1 lime and the juice of 2 limes. blend until smooth adding a little more oil  3 tablespoons to start. I eye ball it to the amount I want. taste. adjust seasoning and serve with tortilla chips and happy cinco de mayo

 
 

Comments