Crustless Zucchini Quiche (and something dear to my heart and its a true story)

hey fans, its just me and dad home tonight, I decided to make zucchini crustless quiche using only 5 items or less. super quick, super easy. so speaking of quiche making not all has to have a crust. so this one came from everyday with Rachael ray's latest magazine issue. filled with a lot of 5 ingredient recipes. so I hope you make this at home as well as I did, so get cooking! I will be at work tomorrow will resume on Monday for more exciting cooking and culinary adventures. as a personal note. very dear to my heart.  my mom is doing ok. I love her more than everything. she inspires me daily. she is recovering and I just have found out from her ER Doctor that she has to be on a elimmation diet like Gwyneth Paltrow did for her health. that means mom cannot have coffee, tea or anything spicy such as chili peppers and garlic. so I am on a mission to work on special one serving meals just for my mom such as pureed soups etc. they will give me and my dad the full list of what she can eat and what she cannot eat. I will continue to make other recipes for my blog for my neighbors, friends and family members with butter and cream and veggies and spices and all of that. but not for my mom fans. I will do anything to make her meals special I will be creating new recipes based on my mom's new plan and will show you that elimmation diet is very hard, but it must happen as a person gets older. someday i'll have to go through that. but right now. I am on medications by my doctor and I've did  lose 26 lbs since January but I am losing more day to day, its a progress. but I don't have to follow a strict diet like my mom. I just have to eat small bites and BLD Routines and that is it. I can have soda, but I have to have water in between. and I can have burgers and pizza but I also need to eat veggies too! ands its fun! so I hope you enjoy the crustless quiche recipe as me and dad do. and will post more recipes to come. so happy eating!











Crustless Zucchini Quiche
from everyday with Rachael Ray magazine
Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing
  • 1 1/4 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded Gruyere
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
Directions
  1. Grease 9-inch pie dish. In skillet, melt 3 tbsp. butter over medium-high; add zucchini. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes; drain in colander. In bowl, season remaining ingredients; whisk to combine. Spread half of zucchini in dish; top with egg mixture and remaining zucchini. Bake at 425 degrees until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.

Comments