Not my Nana's Portobella Mushroom Fajitas (From My Romero family Heirloom Recipe Collections )

hello fans, tonight I went meatless Friday, yep, I did, so I made a recipe based on my great grandmother aka nana delphina's chicken fajitas and swapped portobellos for chicken, you guess it right I used the bold spices she wrote such as chili powder (aka cayenne), cumin and garlic, she did put down beer or water but I use water instead you can use a real good beer, for guys especially. I serve them with tortillas with sour cream and guacuamole and its soo good so make them for yourself and get in the kitchen today mmmmm.







Not My Nana's Portobella Mushroom Fajitas
from chef ava marie and family

2 large Portobello mushroom caps, damped, stemmed and sliced and halved if needed
1-2 cloves garlic minced or grated
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
salt to taste
1/4 cup good ale beer or water (I used water) but you can use beer for more flavor
tortillas to serve
sour cream to garnish
Guacamole to garnish

method
heat oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium high heat. add onion and bell pepper sauté for 4 minutes. add mushrooms and garlic sauté for 2 minutes. season with salt, chili powder to balance the flavors and cumin. add water or beer. reduce heat to low and cover steam for 3 minutes until peppers and onions are soft. serve with warm tortillas, sour cream and Guacamole and side of black beans if desired

Comments