Bacon Root Beer Brownies (Redeeming for san mateo county fair for 2015)

hello fans, today I even know we got pizza for my family today I felt like making a dessert for later tonight so I practiced making my Bacon Root Beer Brownies For the San mateo County Fairs 2nd annual Brownie contest. open to amatuers and food bloggers and instructors who don't have culinary degrees. if you do you don't partciapate sorry. that's what the county fair rules stated. but I enjoy competing at the fair its fun, it warms me up for if I do ever compete in major competitions on Television such as Chopped or Guy's Grocery Games. it will get me prepared for it. so the judges told me last year to elimmate toe cocoa powder and use melted chocolate. so I used 1 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet works for this recipe) so this is a test recipe and it worked. so will make sure to enter this coming june and its going to be a fun year! so enjoy this brownie recipe and all the others as well.



 











Bacon Root Beer Brownies

1 cup melted Bittersweet chocolate Guittard works also* see note
1/2 cup 1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 tsp root beer flavoring*see note
4 slices cooked crumbled crispy bacon

method
melt butter in a large saucepot until melted on low heat. remove from heat. mix flour, sugar, eggs, salt and flavorings. add the melted butter and melted chocolate and mix to incorporate well to a smooth brownie batter. pour onto parchment paper lined 9 x 13 inch pan top with crumbled cooked crispy bacon on top. bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until tested with a toothpick. let cool completely. left parchment and release from pan gently. cut into squares and serve!

Comments