Italian pasta salad with my grandma lous' homemade italian salad dressing

hey readers, I had a successful but an outstanding debut @ the South san Francisco main library teaching my first national cooking demonstration in front of a real audience. I felt super comfortable I was also called the female Jimmy fallon but I am really Chef Ava Marie by the flow just so you know. and will be food network star one day maybe take over Carla hall's co-hosting seat one day who knows, what will happen to me, I look forward to teach classes @ south san Francisco rec and also Daly city Rec as well starting this summer 2015. as a paid instructor position. so today I am working on some recipes for my 5th and it will be my last year competing as amateur pro competitor for the san mateo county fair. but do not worry,i will continue to compete in professional chef levels in 2016 such as salsa and chili cook-offs etc. so will just demo for the fair as of 2016 instead. so today I prepared Italian pasta salad with my grandma lou's Italian salad dressing recipe so come along as I show you steps on how to prepare it so enjoy











Italian pasta salad with my grandma lou's Italian dressing

for the pasta salad
1 box barilla whole wheat pasta
1 1/2 cups each chopped salami, celery and mozzarella
1 can black olives
1 cup Italian dressing, (recipe below)
salad dressing my grandma lou's recipe
1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried orange leaves
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp thyme
2 cloves garlic grated into a mason jar
method
bring a large pot of water to a boil with lots of salt. then add the pasta and cook to package directions. drain and let cool under cold water and set aside in a large bowl. add the chopped salami and mozzarella. in a small sauté pan over medium heat add 2 tbl oil and cook celery until caramelized and tender and then let cool down and then add to pasta and toss to perfection and set aside
in a large mason jar add ingredients in order listed and cover lid tightly and shake really hard for 45 seconds until mixed through it makes 1 1/2 cups just add 1 cup to the pasta and toss well to combine. and eat now or chill in the fridge until friends are over or when you take it to a friends home like myself that's how I roll with my friendsies in west Winston manor so enjoy!

Comments