Cinnamon Oatmeal Almond Scones

hello fans, today I am getting ready to go to a cooking class, a new cooking instructor is in town, her name is chef Carla Lovett and she is a founder of my treat personal catering co. in south san Francisco. I will be learning her secrets to valentines bites it does not have to be with a love such as boyfriend or husband  it can be with a bunch a girls who love romantic movies such as fifty shades of grey like me. I like hanging out with a bunch people and that is just me. so today I am going to give chef Carla one of my scone dishes as a thank you gift for taking her class as we welcome her to the instructor line up. so enjoy this scone and will also send some to my grandma these are sugar free so my grandma is a borderline diabetic so I have to give her less sweet options  but in general she is healthy so get baking for valentines fans! xoxo





Cinnamon Oatmeal almond scones
adapted from Pillsbury
1 box Pillsbury sugar free deluxe cinnamon swirl flavored quick bread and muffin mix
4 tbl milk or half and half, divided
3 tbl butter softened
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup slivered almonds

method
heat oven to 425 degrees. coat baking sheet pan with parchement paper. reserve 1/3 cup swirl mix from the package. place remaining swirl onto a plate place 1 tablespoon cream or milk into a bowl.
combine, quick bread mix, 1/3 cup reserve cinnamon swirl mix, 3 tbl milk or cream, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl stir in oats and almonds.
sprinkle 1 tbl or so swirl mix onto a work surface place dough on top, knead to mix is what I did so the scones would come out better. if mix seems dry just add 1 tbl of milk or cream and mix to combine. shape dough evenly into a 8 inch circle cut into 8 wedges like you would with a pizza. dip both sides in swirl mix and place onto prepared baking sheet. 1 inch apart.
bake for 10-13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. remove from oven to wire rack and let cool completely and eat and share with your buddies on valentines day! makes 8 scones

Comments