Mexican street corn cups (another recipe adapted from the pillsbury bake off contestant)

Happy holidays fans, I decided to make on Christmas eve, party apps to nibble to mingle around the Christmas tree so I decide to take my Mexican roots on my father side of the family and made Mexican street corn cups using Pillsbury cresents mmm. I just learned from Wikipedia not only i am catholic but also funny guy from today's tonight show Jimmy fallon is also a Catholic which we have a lot in common. I know he's a Italian and all and has 2 girls Winnie and Newborn Frances Fallon. but I didn't know that until I looked up, now you know its interesting... so for me I am not Italian sorry but love the Italian food and people in general, but I am happy to  Swedish, Swiss , Dutch and Norweigan on my mom's side. I am Mexican but I don't like to be called Mexican too much I prefer to called just European mix I am more European than Mexican in my soul has to offer but enjoy my newest creation on my Christmas eve table so merry Christmas Fans!







Mexican Street corn cups
1
bag (11 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen honey roasted sweet corn

1
can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet

1
large lime (1 tablespoon grated peel and 2 teaspoons juice)

1/3
cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/2
cup crumbled Cotija cheese (2 oz)

3
tablespoon mayonnaise

1
teaspoon Watkins™ Chili Powder
method Heat oven to 375°F. Microwave frozen corn as directed on bag. Cut open bag; set aside. Unroll dough on work surface. With pizza cutter, cut into 24 squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased nonstick mini muffin cups. In small bowl, mix lime peel, 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro until combined; set aside In medium bowl, mix remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice, remaining cilantro, cheese, mayonnaise, chili powder and corn until combined. Spoon 1 slightly rounded tablespoon mixture into each cup. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve cups topped with reserved cilantro lime mixture.


Recipe courtesy of Lauren Wyler
Dripping Springs, Texas Pillsbury bake off contestant

Comments