Cookie Swap Recipe ideas foe Christmas 2015 (or anytime) 2 ways

hello fans I love cookie swaps, I always want to go to them, but some days no one invites me and I just feel sad as A Girly Chefy Jimmy fallon can be! I had a rough year of 2014 because of my mama whos been in the hospital 3 times already and she means a whole a lot to me, she is someone very special and love her soul and comfort. I have a lot of great fans and friends, but this lady is one special mama in my life. she took me on some adventures growing up baking up some  quiches together and lasagnas too! as well as cooking up some soups too! also just on facebook a lady who created the caprese corncakes was happy to hear the results and she is happy that I always use her name as I give credit to in honor. she gave me advice for 2016 Pillsbury bake off and give me ideas to start dreaming a new million dollar recipe so that is in the works so for my friends if theres a cookie swap In 2015 for south city- daly city area, I will attend to majority of them just let me know ahead of time so get baking with your kids soon!






Cookie #1: Gooey Cake mix cookies

  •  1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size) or  I use maple brown sugar cake mix or just play around with your favorite cake mix of choice

    method
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
  • Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen

  • Cookie #2: Eggnog cookies


    method

    1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into four 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
    2. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
    3. For icing, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and eggnog; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
    To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Iced cookies can be stored for 1 week in an airtight container.
    Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
    *my tip, I sent them out to 4 lucky far away friends in Idaho, Florida, Riverside and Sonoma California households and I hope they like them, I didn't do the icing because it would ruin it during the shipping from south san Francisco to Sonoma or Idaho so I suggest when packing cookies please use plastic containers they work and the mail carriers wont ruin them and are safe. so I hope you have a merry jolly holidays I got another post on the way asap! ok

     




     
  •  

Comments