Thai coconut pumpkin soup

hello readers, I got a new job gig at see's candies distrubrution factory on Geveva Avenue in Daly city, which is exciting for me as a food blogger/chef/now sees factory worker. I took 3 sessions off from via west to work at a new exciting company sees candies and it feels like a 25 year old kid like in a candy store everyday during the seasonal work hours . and I am 25 and I still act like a child. but on the job. you have to be professional and which I am to be honest. so heres the recipe for thai coconut pumpkin soup. I am not going to give up on my food/recipe blog for years to come (I might start developing dessert recipes using see's candy products)  in the day in age. its just the beginning for my career. I am not going to give up on going to other chefs cooking classes such as chef terri dien and lisa chan. will be attending more than once a month because of the day shift deal I got to discuss with my boss the other  Ava Tong, not me in this case from human resources and I thanked her for giving me a huge chance to learn and grow as an brand new employee. so I also want to thank the workability job coaches for your kind of guidance and tips on how to behave on the job independently and which I took away from. donna silvers I wanted to say a extra thank you. I know you did yourself a good career she told me she retired from SMCOE Special education services as of this year when I ran into her at colma and safeway and Annie chan and lou shaprio for giving me the same tips that's what donna she did. the two other coaches do still work for the san mateo county office of education as of today. as far as I know. and finally I didn't need help from DOR or Gatepath after all. I took a lot of effort to get this job. by keep on applying on my own and just being myself. so heres my recipe and get cooking! I am going to pack some up for lunch to take to work tomorrow! yay!













Thai pumpkin soup

2 tbl olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
salt and pepper to taste, adjust if needed. mine needed salt. but its your taste
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 1/2 lb. sugar pumpkin or butter nut squash roasted at 400 degree oven for about 45 min, cool, peel and diced
2 Yukon gold potatoes cooked at 400 degrees same length the time along with pumpkin, cool, peel and cubed
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk

method
in a pot warm oil over medium heat add onion, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper and cook stirring often until softened 8-10 minutes.
add spices/thyme sauté 30 seconds. stir in pumpkin potatoes, broth and coconut milk bring to a boil over high heat reduce heat to a medium- low and simmer until tender 10 minutes remove from heat cool slightly puree in batches in blender rewarm as needed and garnish with cilantro or avocado if desired

Comments