Purple Sweet potato pie

hi fans, today is day two of my prep. I had so much fun in the kitchen. I made 2 pies and 2 side dishes today. and I still have more to do. I found these purple yams. I called them sweet potatoes at the Daly city farmers market today and decided to use them in my former Terri Minor's  sweet potato pie, she gave me this easy recipe but she now lives near my friend Annabelle in Portland Oregon these days a friend told me about it so enjoy this purple sweet potato pie and will add another pie recipe shortly so be patient







Purple Sweet Potato pie
1 1/2 cups mashed and cooked purple yams (from the farmers market)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp allspice mix
2 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup evaporated milk
1 9 inch pie shell, prebaked at 375 for 14 minutes and let cool before filling

combine ingredients in order listed. (I pureed the yams so it doesn't look clunky with the ingrdients except for eggs,  I added the eggs after and it came out wonderfully) pour into cooled down prebaked shell bake at 325 for 35 minutes, ovens vary until set like custard let cool then refridgerate its going to change your mind of eating a sweet potato

Comments