Cranberry Brown sugar Sauce

hi fans, today is day one of my prep for thanksgiving. so I made ahead cranberry sauce to put away until Thursday. I will be making 2 other recipes very shortly they will all be posted today. its going to be crazy cooking weekend. I am even going to show you how to use leftovers in a fun way. Friday to Tuesday and I got company coming from Idaho on December 4th, my godfather randy is visiting, so I will welcome him and his wife mary, and my dad's friend steve, my fiesta fried ravioli with Mexican tomato dipping sauce, its a Italian recipe with a Mexican twist so stay tuned for that post in the upcoming weeks, so heres the cranberry sauce recipe so enjoy!






Cranberry brown sugar sauce
Recipe courtesy Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine November 2014
1 bag 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 lemon juiced
 
method
in a medium sauce pan bring the cranberries and 1/2 cup water to a boil over high heat. reduce to medium low and simmer stirring often until the berries soften and start to split (which means pop!) about 3 minutes. then add the both sugars and simmer stirring until thickened 5-10 minutes (we made ours in 8 minutes) stir in the lemon juice serve cold with turkey  

Comments