Cheddar pepper drop biscuits (part two of the baking mix series)

hello fans, today on a rainy day I made some homemade cheddar pepper drop biscuits. mmm good. its best right out of the oven. and I use the homemade baking mix from my previous post you can view here http://autismcooks22.blogspot.com/2014/11/basic-homemade-all-purpose-baking-mix.html so next week I got loads of thanksgiving recipes you sure don't want to miss its going to be a thanksgiving recipe marathon which means I will be posting more than 1 post per day. so happy cooking and cant wait for thanksgiving!







cheddar pepper drop biscuits
Recipe Courtesy Martha Stewart living magazine November 2014 issue
3 cups cold homemade baking mix
4 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream

method
preheat oven to 375 whisk together baking mix, cheese and pepper. stir in milk and cream with a fork until just moist dough forms. drop with a cookie scoop onto greased cookie sheets or parchement paper like Martha stewart does, but I just grease it with cooking spray. 2 inches apart. you can top with more grated cheese, but I decided to not to. it came out just as good. bake biscuits until golden brown about 20-25 minutes, check your ovens it may vary. it happened to me. let cool on a wire rack serve warm with butter.

Comments