Basic homemade all purpose baking mix (part one)

hello readers yesterday I made ahead my very own bisquick mix from the Martha stewart living November magazine. you will follow step by steps on to make this and in the next 2 blog post I will show you two new recipes what to use with that mix on Tuesday I will be making cheddar pepper drop biscuits and Thursday is lemon raisin scones that will be posted before I leave, so I want all of you to take the time to enjoy these home cooked meals and get cooking

 then I added 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp coarse salt, measure properly when baking its science baby! along with 2 tablespoon sugar
 I first added 6 cups of all purpose flour to the mixture
 I grated 2 sticks butter, I freeze them for about 2 hours and then I use a box grater to grate them like cheddar and it works got to work chefy like for this kind of technique and I find it works
 then I use 2 tablespoons baking powder plus 2 tsp baking powder. to the flour, butter salt and sugar mixture
then you have your very own homemade DIY All purpose baking mix 2 ways so heres the complete baking mix recipe these are just techiques

homemade baking mix

6 cups all purpose flour
2 sticks frozen unsalted butter grated
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar

mix all together in a bowl store in a airtight container up to a month in a fridge or 3 months in the freezer, yes you can freeze these

stay tuned for 2 more delicious uses for baking mix it should be fun and tasty

Comments