Watermelon Jalapeno Gazpacho with Feta (From Daphne oz of the chew)

hey reader's need a refreshing cold soup on a hot day, here you go its packed with good nutrtion I like to serve them with tortilla chips as your dippers but you should eat it with a spoon too like a hot soup its from Daphne OZ From the chew so I hope you enjoy, I didn't used Jalapenos, instead used Sweet Italian peppers from my local farmers market growers so great recipe south city next time we sweat on a hot day in the bay area, I suggest making this soup, no stove required~!







Watermelon-Jalapeno Gazpacho with Feta

  • 6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
  • 2 medium seedless or English cucumbers, peeled and chopped
  • ¾ cup diced sweet Vidalia onion
  • ½ jalapeno, minced (Discard the seeds and ribs for less heat)- I used Sweet Italian peppers instead
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
  • ¼ cup red wine vinegar
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 1 cup tomato juice (I used V-8 Low sodium kind if you can!)
  • Kosher salt
  • ½ cup crumbled feta cheese for garnish
  • Hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce for garnish (optional)
  • Instructions
    1. Toss the tomatoes, watermelon, cucumbers, onion, jalapeno, garlic, parsley, mint, vinegar, lime juice and tomato juice and into a blender or food processor and process until it's the consistency you want. (I prefer my gazpacho on the slightly chunky side.)
    2. Season to taste with salt.
    3. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop. (I stored mine in quart-sized mason jars in the refrigerator and enjoyed it for several days.)
    4. Pour the soup into serving bowls and garnish with feta. Serve with hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce on the side, if desired.

    Comments