Caramelized onion BBQ Mini Meatloaves

the other day fans after a long long weekend at a garage sale, I decided to make mom and dad dinner I made Caramelized onion BBQ mini meatloaves and they were mmm good I serve them with cheddar mashed potatoes, my mom likes the creamy spuds and  a pat of butter on them,. so on a sunday night after a long trip this is sure to please and it's easy to make, you can serve it with sautéed spinach too! so enjoy!!


melt butter in sauté pan and sauté sliced onions on high hear for a few minutes, then reduce heat and let it cook low and slow for 20 minutes until a deep caramel flavor devolepes a rich flavor
 that's your rich caramelized onions you made after 20 minutes it does take time and patience
 I use the harris ground beef, I suggest get the 80/20 ground beef, I got that at grocery outlet and it's good meat. I cubed up the 5 slices of cheese and add it to the meat along with egg, onions , BBQ Sauce , salt, pepper, garlic powder and worcestirshire sauce and breadcrumbs. I only use 1/4 cup breadcrumbs panko if feels wet add more. I use oatmeal to help bind it together and works too! be resourceful without another trip to the grocery store
 I mixed it all together by hand and form them into mini meatloaves
 yes I said it, its now greased with cooking spray lined with foil, it helps slide it off easily so it doesn't tear apart. I baked it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes
as the meatloaves are baking I made these betty crocket cheddar and sour cream mash potatoes according to package it took less than 10 minutes to prepare
 yep, that's what I am talking about, they come out fluffy and beautiful my mom's loves these potatoes with a pat of butter
 at the last 10 minutes into cooking the meatloaves I glazed it with 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, it gave it a golden caramelized flavor
and now it's time to eat and dinner is ready, if you want veggies on your plate add sautéed spinch or peas if you wish! good for you! so enjoy the meatloaf recipe!

Caramelized onion BBQ Meatloaf minis- from the grocery outlet blog
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, sliced thinly
  • 5 slices of cheese, cut into small squares*
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs panko works best
  • 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce (plus extra for meatloaves while cooking)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbps Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • method
    The basis for this recipe is delicious caramelized onions. Start by sauteing the onions in the butter for a couple minutes, until soft. Then, turn the heat down, stirring often, until the color is rich and the onions are soft - about 20 minutes. While this step does take a little bit of time, you don't want to skip it as it makes this recipe!
    Next, prepare your meatloaf mixture. Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce,  garlic powder, salt, pepper, egg, cheese, and onions in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until you have an even consistency throughout. I sometimes find that this process goes easier just by mixing with your hands. While it's a bit messy, it seems to go better. (Plus, you can always wash your hands later!)
    Form into 4 mini meatloaves on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook in a 425° oven for about 20 minutes, until no longer pink in the center.
    To make these extra amazing, I brush it with 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce on top each meatloaf about 10 minutes into cooking.. serve with sautéed spinach and mashed potatoes

    Comments