Banh Mi Summer Rolls

hi reader's a week ago I was dreaming about how to come up with recipes using pickled carrots and daikon and how to use my chicken from Costco so I decided to make a chicken salad with banh mi toppings and turn it into a summer roll its is meant to serve cold not hot. I am going to give some to my friend sandy , my longtime friend who lives down the street from my house, who is on a food budget and is seeking for a part time job at this time. it's been very hard for her. so tomorrow I am going to give her the dinner she will enjoy. so make this at your next party or PTA meetings as back to school comes in so enjoy the indian summer back into schools and get cooking








Banh Mi Summer Rolls

for pickled carrots and daikon
1 bundle of fresh mint
1 sweet cherry pepper, seeded and cut into julienned strips
2 carrots, peeled and cut into julienned strips
1 daikon peeled and cut into julienned strips
1/2 cucumber peeled and cut into julienned strips
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
for the sriracha chicken salad
3 cups cooked chicken
1/4-1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sriracha Asian chili sauce
1 pkg summer rice paper wrappers soaked in hot water to soften- I recommend three ladies brand I found them at pacific market in south san Francisco just fun info!

method
in a bowl mix cooked chicken mayo and stiracha together cover and refriderate aside
for the pickled carrots and daikon combine ingredients in a bowl toss to coat transfer to a colander and place over a bowl allow to sit and marinate for 10 minutes to pickle. squeeze out excess liquid and place in a container until ready to use
to assemble place a soften rice paper wrapper onto a clean board- use plastic or wax paper to cover the cutting board if possible then spoon about a tablespoonful of chicken salad mixture top with 1 strip of each carrot, daikon or cucumber or just use 1 carrot and 1 daikon or 1 cucumber and then fold and then roll up like you are making egg rolls serve cold with sweet chili sauce to dip

if you have leftovers I will add another recipe for you soon! its called a Banh mi hot dog so stay tuned for that so happy cooking!

Comments