Sausage with Cabbage and apples- courtesy of keri stark

hello readers and fans, tonight for a nice light Friday night dinner to go with the leftovers, I decided to make the loyal fan Keri stark, I known her as Keri Moore, back In 1990s era she is an older daughter to my former grade school teacher's Aide Mrs.Connie Moore. Mrs. Connie Moore was an helper to Mr.Bill Carey she  was one of the best ones there! her Younger Daughter Kim Hightower I remembered as Kim Moore back then also worked with her mother, Kim had a lot of fun being student aide too! very inspiring story about grade school, that is part of how I was born with autism at a very young age and became a miracle because of these people who helped me over come it with lots of learning and education. so I decided to give Full credit to Keri, she uses chicken sausage from trader Joe's to make it the chef way I use Jenni-o turkey Sausage instead to make it my twist so enjoy this recipe originally from Keri Moore Stark but with my infusion so enjoy!







Sausage with cabbage and apples
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb tube ground turkey sausage such as Jenni-o
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 granny smith apple. cored and chopped, peel on
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 10 oz pkg finely shredded cabbage, use coleslaw mix in place of cabbage

method
in a large frying pan add in 2 tablespoons oil brown the sausage breaking up with a wooden spoon. add onion and spices stir and cook on medium heat 4 minutes. stir in apples cover and cook for about 3 minutes. drizzle with honey and add cabbage on top cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes begin stirring cabbage into meat mixture and keep cooking for about 5 more minutes. keep covered when not stirring cabbage should still be slightly crisp when served enjoy!

Comments