Pesto Pizza Margherita (for under 10 bucks for a family of 4)

hello reader's today instead of stopping for fast food, I decided to make my mom and I pizza for lunch. so I made a pesto pizza margherita the traditional pizza Margherita is made with no tomato sauce, cheese, tomato slices and basil from Italy, but today I gave it an upscale twist by using grocery outlet ingredients so I use sundried tomato pesto sauce I found in the dairy section of the grocery oulet in south san Francisco and I got the store brand pizza crust but you can use Pillsbury too! it works as well. I use 2 tomato slices and a cup of shredded of mozzarella so heres how much I spent on the ingredients for the family of four

Pizza crust 1.29
sun dried tomato basil pesto 2.99
2 tomatoes 0.59 x 2
shredded mozzarella 2.39
oil to grease pan- is what you have on hand (I had that on hand too!)

total: 7.85 for four people
total per person: 1.90 a serving





Pesto pizza margherita

1 roll 13 oz pizza dough, grocery outlet or Pillsbury
1 cup kraft shredded mozzarella cheese
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 tub sun dried tomato basil pesto, in the dairy section at Grocery outlet
oil for greasing cookie sheet

preheat oven to 425 degrees
grease the cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray a little is best. and set aside.
unroll the pizza dough and lay onto the greased cookie sheet. flatten it to make sure it forms nicely and evenly. then spread with pesto sauce I would use almost the entire tub for this. then top with tomato slices and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top. place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes or more until golden brown and bubbly on top. serve with your family! enjoy! Mangia!

Comments